KISS OF LIFE

Every day of your life is irretrievable. Live every day to the fullest--put off no great moments. Life is a blessing that gives you every opportunity to be extraordinary. Be full of life--enjoy the kiss of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brentwood, California, United States

i am known on-line as danascullymdfbi--yes, i am an X-Files fan,and back in the day, i would be told that i resemble character Dana Scully (actress Gillian Anderson) in both physical appearance and personality. however, as i am not the only X-Files fan on the net, virtually every combination of Special, Agent, Dana, Katherine, Scully, Mulder, and FBI had been used, so i incorporated the MD (glad to pay hommage to her scientific side, the medical doctor) into the name.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

piu forte

As a child I listened to a lot of classical music due to my ballet training. I heard a lot of Tchaikovsky ballets, but came to love almost everyhing from Bach to John Williams. My favorite classical piece is Mozart's "Eine Klein Nachtmusic." I didn't listen to pop music until I was in high school, and in 1982 I found U2, Big Country, the next year all of what we called in the 80s "modern rock," and in college Peter Gabriel, Sting and Mellencamp. I followed U2 around during the second leg of the Joshua Tree Tour, was somewhere in two videos from Rattle and Hum and even did some limited groupie-ing during the Zoo TV Tour. I've met (and kissed) Bono and all of U2, Big Country, Sting, Billy Idol and James Brown, and I had a tour bus v. car chase with Peter Gabriel (security was NOT happy). Today I have little time to listen to music and get to hear a lot of DisneyMania II (the boys favorite), but I have found occasional gems like better than ezra, kd lang, Mary Chapin Carpenter and three doors down. I'm finally ignoring the fear of being labeled a religious nut and enjoing some christian rock, which is both uplifting and slammin. Always classics: The Who, the Stones, the Doors, Jimi, the Police, Patsy Cline, Cole Porter, Aretha Franklin, the Clash, Billy Joel, Clannad, Van Halen (and Van Hagar), Ray Charles, Bruce Springsteen and Elvis.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick O'Neil said...

Music sometimes evades us. I didn’t listen to anything for years and now I’m at it again with an iPod vengeance! But the U2 bit is very scary! Unfortunately I have those kinda memories too only I’m too scared to put them in print! Just please don’t listen to Creed, as they are the devil incarnate!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home